Today, the KRIEG Audio Department has finished its research on the development of a high performance audio amplifier.
The hardware product was named after the Greek goddess of compensation and balance: Nemesis.
The audio department has created an amplifier that is precise, linear, fast and of the highest audio quality. Nemesis is a full-analogic, linear and solid-state, high precision, high speed, high damping, high feedback and high efficiency class AB audio power amplifier, designed and produced in Italy. Born from the research of the KRIEG Audio Department to create an amplifier without compromises and with an excellent, perfectly symmetrical, structure: the best electronic and audio performance, in a little board.
Nemesis is not only the Greek goddess of vengeance but, first of all, of compensation and balance.
The basic idea is that every discrete component is imperfect, however well it can be done or its tolerances are low. If the discrete components were perfect, only one transistor would be enough to produce a totally precise power amplifier. Hence the Nemesis is born, a high precision, high speed and high efficiency class AB analog audio amplifier.
Its structure, perfectly symmetrical, is made up of 38 transistors, which grants:
- High precision and low fundamental, intermodulation and thermal (memory) distortion.
- High slew rate and precision on high frequencies.
- High damping factor and precision on low frequencies.
- Very low noise and high signal-to-noise ratio.
- Very low DC output offset.
- High bandwidth.
- High power supply rejection ratio.
- High common mode rejection ratio.
- Total invariability of performance as the load varies.
- Total thermal stability.
- Total high frequencies stability.
- Total stability on capacitive loads.
- Total invariability of bandwidth.
- High open loop gain.
- High efficiency.
- No need for quiescent current (bias) regulation.
- Soft clipping feature
All this thanks to its strictly corrective structure: without selecting any component, resulting in very low distortions, total immunity to thermal and voltage variations, total stability without output networks and same identical performance module by module.
The final concept is easy: if you have to select components to reach a result, then with the slightest variation in temperature, voltage or other variables, the result itself will vary. In audio it is not so much achieving a low amount of distortion that is the problem, but also keeping it while running music, with variations of all genres. And this, an amplifier with few transistors simply cannot guarantee it.
The highlight specs:
- Linear class AB audio amplifier
- 100W rated output power
- Gain of 26.5dB
- Low power consumption on stand-by (1-2W)
- High efficiency (75%)
- High precision (THD+N < 0.005% at max power)
- High linearity (+-0.01dB in audio spectrum)
- High bandwidth (3Hz – 1MHz, -3dB)
- High SNR and very low noise floor (about 100dB without A-weight)
- High damping factor (up to 3200)
- High speed (slew rate of 60V/uS)
- Very low CrossTalk (-115dB)
The details and presentation of the product are available in the “Products” section of this site.
KRIEG Technologies – Badass by default.